Thursday, June 10, 2010

Farm Chicks Antique Show 2010


What a great time we had taking a trip to Spokane, WA and attending The Farm Chicks Antique Show.  Nine of us traveled together in two vehicles, spent the night at the Holiday Inn and headed to the Farm Chicks Show the next morning.  We did not stand in line in the wee hours of the morning to be the first inside but I think we all found a "treasure" or two and just enjoyed the atmosphere and had lots of fun.

Here we are ready to set off on our trip

Heading for the line waiting to get into the show

We are a ways back but the line does move pretty fast

The youngest of our group waiting to get started shopping and of course I took a blurry picture, I guess I was anxious to get shopping too.

Jen showing us what she found, she looks happy.

I took a few pictures just to show the kind of displays we saw all around us.

Some of the areas were a little tough to navigate because of the crowd, it is a test in patience, it was always worth the wait.

Shopping is done, waiting to load treasures into Jen's truck, thanks Jen for giving us the opportunity to buy those larger treasures.

Don't these two look happy after several hours of shopping

Here is a picture of the treasures I brought home.  The bark cloth draped on the chair was one of my purchases.  I have plans for the fabric and will share the finished project later.  I love the sweet bird pillow and the towel next to it will be transformed to a pillow also.  The wooden spool is for organizing my lace, I should have picked up another, and the little pot holders will be added to my collection, which I'll blog about at another time. 
I think the show was great and the fellowship with friends was even better.

Already planning to go next year!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you girls hung in there and braved the crowds, it wasn't for the weak of heart! So worth it though! Thanks for shopping hope to see you next year!
    xoxo
    Amy
    www.todayscountrystore.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! That last photos confirms my thought on your barque cloth purchase- you chose the right one. Actually, after this trip, I want to find some barque cloth of my own. I love the print you found and can't wait to see your pillow. Maybe you'll have enough to make a coordinating chair cover? It's such beautiful fabric! What a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....how blessed you are to have made such a great trip with a bunch of like minded ladies....what fun! And I love the goodies you found. ~

    ReplyDelete