Thursday, June 3, 2010

Road Trip!

Four days have passed since I checked e-mail or did any blog hopping.  Pat and I took a trip to Arizona to pick up a car, I mean truck,  for our son and future daughter-in-law.  We flew from Bellingham to the Phoenix area.  Our nephew Joel picked us up and we spent the night with them and they drove us up to
Prescott, AZ to pick up the truck at Michele's Grandmother's house.

Joel and Lisa and their son Titus

Pat and Donna, Michele's Grandma checking under the hood of the truck

The truck has an extended cab so there was room for our stuff

We headed north from Prescott and spent the rest of the day at the Grand Canyon.  The words of this song kept going through my head while we were there.  The song is referring to Jesus of course and the beauty we were blessed to see this week brought this song to my heart.

I Stand in Awe
by Mark Altrogge

You are beautiful beyond description,
Too marvelous for words,
Too wonderful for comprehension,
Like nothing ever seen or heard.
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description,
Majesty enthroned above.

(Chorus)
And I stand, I stand in awe of you.
I stand, I stand in awe of you.
Holy God, to whom all praise is due,
I stand in awe of you.

You are beautiful beyond description,
Yet God crushed you for my sin,
In agony and deep affliction
Cut off tha I mihgt enter in.
Who can grasp such tender compassion?
Who can fathom this mercy so free?
You are beautiful beyond description,
Lamb of God, Who died for me.

The first picture I took, my first look at the canyon

After taking a couple of pictures I realized that the battery in my camera was low, can you believe that!  I managed to take about 15 pictures before it died.

I have some trouble with heights and had a hard time getting close enough to this ledge to take this picture of the brave souls standing on the edge taking pictures, Pat included.

What a beautiful place!

The next day we traveled to Zion National Park in Utah.  It was also very beautiful.


I took this while driving, just after entering the park,
 that is why the bottom of the picture is a little fuzzy.

Abraham peak, Issac peak, Jacob peak

These rocks are called the Pulpit and the Altar

The Organ and The Great White Throne

We took a 1.5 mile hike, each way, to the end of the canyon, this is what the scenery was like.

It was a great trip and we enjoyed the time away.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful scenery to be in awe of. God is so creative, can you imagine what it will look like when the effects of sin are removed. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I wouldn't have been able to go out there either.

    ReplyDelete