Monday, August 16, 2010

Just a Few More Flowers Blooming

I have been checking my garden in our hot 90 degree plus weather.
This really hot weather does not happen all that much in Washington State.
I did find a few new flowers to share for Bloomin' Tuesday.

"Baby's Breath" in the back garden by the driveway

Globe Thistle in the same bed in back



These three pictures are of the large hydrangea plant outside our dining room window.  Many of the flowers are hiding this year.  This is probably my favorite plant in our entire yard.

This Variegated Hosta is to the left of the Hydrangea, under the Small Red Maple

Hollyhocks - they are starting to fall over
I think our dog Emmy may have had something to do with that.

Forgot the name but these look familiar I'm sure

One of my new Echinacea

Hen and Chicks - Echeveria and other plants I'm not sure of the names,  
growing in an old cracked bird bath

What a busy little bee
It seems to like the Pincushion Flower

It is always fun to stroll around and see what's bloomin'


Linking to Blooming Tuesday at MsGreenThumb Jean's

12 comments:

  1. My favorite flower (really, a weed) is bloomin' all over Issaquah! and this heat is driving me nuts! Washington shouldn't have brown grass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of the heat your garden is gorgeous. So many lovely blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blooms today, your red unknown beauties are Crocosmia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hydrangea is fabulous! I had one that bloomed those colors but after mt yard was flooded it's bright blue. Everything looks lovely in spite of the heat. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many beautiful blooms! My favorite is the hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEkkkk....I'm just awing over your flowers. They are so pretty. It's so hot here my garden went to the dogs a long time ago. I can't believe it's that hot in WA. I love it there.

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new Echinacea! I think the orange perennial you posted is Crocosmia?? Or something like that? A guy at my work just bought the Lucifer variety (that's orange).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers. Love the baby's breath and the hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hydrangeas are my favorites too. your garden is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry,
    Your garden is blooming beautifully. Wish I could say the same for mine. Poor things are just drenched with this heat and humidity.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving sucha a nice comment. I'll be back to see you soon. It's really nice over here.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete