Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet Garden Tour for the "Sweet Peas"

Last Saturday our church garden club the "Sweet Peas" were treated to a tour of my sister Lynda's garden.  When we entered her home


We were treated to a table beautifully set with delicious muffins, scones and fruit.







"Sweet Peas" enjoying the food and time together 

More of the "Sweet Peas" and Lynda, our hostess on the right

Now on to the garden pictures, they speak for themselves.


Kiwi














Thank you to Lynda and her husband Duane for opening your home and garden to others and making our time so special.  I am grateful for people in my life who are willing to give their time and talents to make an other's day special.

Linking to Gratitude Wednesday at Heart and Home

6 comments:

  1. The garden and table both look lovely. I especially like the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely, Sherry! Your sister has a lovely garden. It looks like she gets quite a bit of shade ~ something I wish I had. I get full sun that makes it uncomfortable to sit outside for a period of time during the day. This post reminds me that I have some weeding to do as well as a bed to deconstruct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by. Quick, someone catch the lemonade pitcher, I think it is falling over! What a beautiful garden! I love ladies lunches, I do one every year for Christmas.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry,
    Thanks for linking in to Wednesday Gratitude! I love the garden tour, everything is so lush and green. And the tea party looks like it was very tasty, too!
    Stop by again soon!
    xo
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hated missing this outing. Thanks so much for posting about your day. I have that same staffordshire cream and sugar set. I don't have the cups and saucers, but I have the other cups and saucers in the back of the photo. How funny! So pretty. The garden is amazing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea to have a garden type club called Sweet Peas! I love the room where the ladies are sitting--all the windows and light!
    Looks like a wonderful garden....If I wasn't such a mosquito magnet I would like to do more gardening!

    ReplyDelete