Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Cozy Place to Sit

 This little wicker love seat has been in our home for several years.  It was first a natural color and sat in our living room.  Our dog Joe was a puppy then and he enjoyed chewing on the legs and along the front.  That was about 20 years ago.  I then brush painted it with this blue and it has been on our front porch.  


Three cans of periwinkle blue spray paint, two large pillows I purchased a a garage sale last year and a lace edged cloth cover for the seat (it also hides the chewed on front). It now resides in our dining room and adds a cozy place to sit and visit.

 


The pillow on the left was purchased at the same garage sale and the one on the right I made.



Oh, and I picked another bunch of lavender yesterday.  It will be hung to dry.


I don't want to spend a lot of time on a permanent cushion cover until we decide that this is where our cozy love seat will stay.

I have another project I completed this week I would like to share with you
The picture below was taken by my brother in law Duane while he and my sister Lynda traveled around Europe. 

 

The picture was taken in Rotterham, West Germany in 1977. 
This photo hung on the wall in our home for several years.   I decided to update it a little.


I covered the mat in light tan linen.





Placed the picture back behind the mat.


Spray painted the frame "Whisper white"


I have always liked this photograph and I really like how the "update" turned out.
It was fun to complete two of the many projects I have been thinking about doing.  They weren't really on a list though, maybe I'll have to write them on a list so that I can cross them off.

I will be linking with Show off Your Cottage Monday  at The House in the Roses
and
Metamorphasis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That photograph really brightened up with the changes you made. I really like your loveseat makeover too. If you put only those two things on a list and mark them off then you have accomplished everything you meant to do. :) Wish I could say the same. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so busy being creative. Maybe once my kids are all back in school, I can be creative too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the love seat. I had to laugh, I have some chewed on edges around here too! The photo turned out nice and covering the mat board was a good idea.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely inviting spot to sit on and cherish a book whilst listening to soft music...Here I go again, dreaming...
    May you have a blessed day,

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful to complete projects. I actually will add things to my to do list just so I can cross them off - because they weren't on the original list! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry,

    I wanted to stop in and say hi and thank you again for stopping by my place. I really love the blue and white look of your wicker sofa, but the picture yes! that really is nice.

    I will be visiting more.
    Sincerely,
    Chlvie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little wicker seat and the picture is very nice.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing what a little spray paint can do to change the appearance of something you love. I love the blue color on your wicker settee, and the table cloth was a clever way to hide those chew marks. That photo with the lighter frame & mat really pops now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry, I am becoming a fan of blue, love your cozy love seat. You had puppies chewing yours, I have a cat using mine as a scratching post.....Oh well, we love them anyway!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry,

    I adore your new wicker bench! What a wonderful transformation. I love the lace on the bottom of your fabric seat.

    ReplyDelete