Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gift From Far Away

I have shared in several posts the blocks I completed for my Vintage Nine Patch quilt.  It was a block of the month created by Lyn of Bluebird Quilts.  Lyn lives in Australia and it pretty amazing how people can share there talents and help teach others all over the world through their blogs.  When I completed my little quilt I sent Lyn pictures of it and I received 2nd place in the judging of the 4 quilts completed and shared with Lyn.


Just a few days ago I received a package from Australia


All of these nice gifts were inside the box.


I am already thinking about what I should create with this l930's print fabric.





I am amazed by all of the generous people who are willing to share there talents and expertise to help others learn and enjoy a new skill.  Thanks again Lyn for Vintage Nine Patch.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what perfect treasures---you must be so excited!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sherry, I am happy your parcel arrived safe and sound....the fabrics are 1930's....thankyou for your post and participating....Warm Regards, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, wonderful gift. Bittersweet to me though as she has closed down her blog:(

    ReplyDelete