Sunday, October 30, 2011

Scraptastic Tote

While visiting the 12 Gifts of Christmas blog hop I found some great ideas for fun things to make for gifts.  This is one I have completed.  I made it for a gift for one of my co-workers who is retiring after 25 years of working in the Mobile Library.  When I saw this tutorial I knew I wanted to try it.  I used a French General jelly roll and yardage I had recently purchased just because I loved the fabric.
I think this was a great way to use the fabric and there is plenty more for a couple of other projects I have in mind.

You can find Elizabeth's Scraptastic Tote Tutorial here.

I added a few pockets inside for the little gifts we will be adding to this bag.

I will be another change to adjust to in my work life, I will miss this friend I have worked with for almost 20 years.  I hope that this change goes smoothly for her and is a time of blessing.

4 comments:

  1. So nice when the gift bag is itself a gift and even better when it is handmade. Sure wish I could sew! Hope your day is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty & thoughtful gift! Makes me wish I knew how to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty and practical gift for your friend. Happy scrapping...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice gift for your co-worker!

    ReplyDelete