Saturday, January 28, 2012

In The Front Yard We Can Build A Snowman

This is what our yard looked like on Sunday, two weeks ago.
We had much more snow to come after this fun day of play.
Uncle David helped Caleb, Noah and Landon build a snowman.


Noah and Landon are directing Uncle David

Noah watching closely as the snowman is dressed.

                                They had fun helping or maybe watching the snowman be built.

Later that week this is what our front deck looked like.

These trees are directly out front.

These two trees are in our neighbors front yard.
It was all very beautiful.

With all of the snow on the ground and more time than usual inside I have done some stitching.
The picture below is called Winter Wonderland by Kaaren Johnston at The Painted Quilt. This is one of her First Friday Freebie patterns.  Kaaren did hers in red thread but I chose the same thread that I used for my Winter Wishes pillow shown here.  I hope to finish the project this weekend.


I also did a little stitching on a wrist pincushion I am working on.


I ran out of thread for my Winter Wonderland Project.  I really like the way it is turning out.  I just ordered more of the thread I needed so I will share the finished project soon.

The snow is gone now but I have spent a couple of days at home because of some pain in my right shoulder.  Blogging is a challenge because my arm aches when I type so this is it for now.

4 comments:

  1. Love the snowmen...both in the yard and the one you are stitchng! Have a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have not had any snow this year. That has never happened in my entire life. I wanted Stephen to have at least one day to play in it...I guess we've got a couple of months to go but it was 65 today...crazy!
    Looks like a great time at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that snow makes me cold! :-D

    Such a cute snowman, and the little boys are too!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grands would be sooo happy if we had snow but instead we've had unseasonable 70 degree weather! Things are blooming already and the pollen is everywhere. I think Mother Nature must have gone on a drinking binge and got totally confused about what time of year it is. Now I've off to enjoy more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete