First I completed the latest Fat Quarter Stars block, called Fractured Star, designed by Nancy Miller
I made the next block from a design in the magazine pictured below.
I bought the magazine after reading a blog post by Jacquelynne Steves mentioning that she had a block in this issue. With 100 blocks to choose from there are so many great designs I would like to try sometime.
I made Jacquelynne's block using her Sewing Room Social fabric line, I think I would like to make enough of these to make a quilt. It was a fun block to put together.
The next project I am a little behind on but hope to catch up soon. I am working on my Scrappy Plate Club quilt .
I gathered my fabrics, cut the prints out using my new Dresden Quilt tool, a total of 240 print pieces.
Each piece was folded and stitched across the wider end.
I stitched all 240 together without cutting the thread more than a few times.
Here they are ready for clipping the corner and pressing.
4 done, 236 to go.
I think I am going to like this quilt with the 1930's type prints.