It does look pretty bad and has a few holes in it.
After cutting the fabric using the old cover as the pattern I sewed extra wide double fold bias tape all around the edge. I then strung a cord all the way through, using a safety pin to pull it through with. I would sew the cord, actually heavy string, right inside the tape if I were to do it again, it would be much faster.
The board was then covered with two layers of white fleece. I was planning to use a staple gun but since one of my sons must have borrowed it, I used good old multi-use duct tape.
Now here is my board with its new cover. Much better!
I sit my little board on top of an old stool which sits beside my sewing machine. It it just the right height and I can quickly turn and press while sewing.
Boy does that dresser need a coat or two of paint, one step at a time I keep telling myself.
After work today my husband and I took a walk to the park on the lake, a few blocks away, and spent a little time enjoying the beautiful day. Part of Patrick's recovery from surgery involves walking every day and this was a great day for that. We returned to our back yard and ate our dinner at the table on the patio. I noticed while sitting there that it was time to pick a few raspberries and cut some lavender.
What isn't eaten will be added to the bag in the freezer.
I will hang this lavender to dry, it smells wonderful.
Joining Nick of Time Tuesday Blog Hop.