Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Peonies and Popsicles

I love these deep rose, almost red peonies.  When my grandmother moved from the house she had lived in for about 60 years my sisters and I took a little bit of the peony plant she loved.  It had been growing on the side of her house since before she moved in.  It flowers early so with the weather here the flowers are often beat down by the rain before we get the chance to bring any inside.    Look what I cut this afternoon!

One of my favorite flowers.

I have a fun quilt block to share with you.  Jennifer at Ellison Lane is having a paper piecing Summer Sampler (mini) Sew Along.


 Here is the first block.  It is amazing to me what you can make with a paper piecing pattern.  Visit Ellison Lane and join in.


Crazy weather here lately, sun, rain, thunder and lightning, hail, strong winds, changing every few minutes.  I see the sun today so I am going to get a quick walk in on my lunch break.  It will have to be  a short one because I only have 10 minutes left.  Think of your many blessings wherever you are.


Don't forget the It's For The Birds blog hop!  There is a link on my sidebar too.






2 comments:

  1. I agree about the weather Sherry, we even lost the power!
    The peonies are beautiful! Hope you had a lovely time for Mothering Day!
    God Bless,

    ReplyDelete