Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

This is one of the first gifts I received from my Valentine about 43 years ago. It sits on the top of a wardrobe in our room and I see it every morning, it makes me smile.  That really makes me sound old, but I would have to say I seem to be  getting there quick. I do want to say that my Valentine is still a pretty special guy
 

We had a bit of snow this past weekend, it made me want to stay inside and create something.  I was inspired to make something for Valentine's Day.

 
I found a design that I really wanted to try at Amy Smarts blog, Diary of a Quilter.  I gathered some leftover charm squares cut out hearts and fused them to some fabric I had in my stash.



After fusing them I stitched around each heart.

 
I ended up making two fun pillows.




Shhhh!  They are gifts for some very special people.
 
I also had a little fun making a couple of towels to send to more very special people.
 
 
They have been sent out in the mail and I hope they arrive today.
 
 
It always feels great to spend a little time creating fun projects.
Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Love your projects Sherry. I have been working on projects like crazy since I have felt so housebound with this snow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects. I love the towels.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete