Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Lofty Goals for the 2018 Finish-Along

I have chosen a word for the year.  The word is finish.  I hope to use this word when making decisions in all areas, not just when it comes to sewing.  I want to focus on finishing the things I start.  Finish that book I started reading or that letter I began writing or the plans I was making to invite someone over or finish organizing that closet.  

There are many verses in the bible that use this word.  I hope to focus on memorizing a few of them.

 John 17:4 Jesus said "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."

I am sharing several pictures of projects that I hope to accomplish in the next few months.  I am not sure how much time I will have to work on my sewing but I will make every effort to complete what I can.  I will link my post with the 2018 Finish Along.  I appreciate the encouragement the finish along provides.

Magnolia Mystery quilt.  Complete the top before the February parade of quilts.

The Children's Library Mystery Quilt.  One more block to complete before putting the top together.

Tree blocks complete.  Make a Christmas pillow or two.

Building Foundations blocks, 1-17 complete.  Make 3 more blocks and sew together to make a quilt top.

A Quilting Life 2017 Block of the Month.  One more block to make, sew together for a quilt top and get it ready for quilting.

Mini, ready to be quilted and made in to a pillow.

Churn Dash quilt top, quilt and bind.

ADORNit quilt, pieced and quilted, needs binding and label.



Visit the 2018 Finish Along and see what others are planning to work on.

Happy finishing!
Sherry

5 comments:

  1. I like the word! We could all use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They are all so lovely! And it looks like you've got several that could be finished very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lofty goals indeed! I wish you all time you need to finish all those projects. I like the idea of making Christmas cushion covers with those Christmas trees. That's such an easy block I think I'll be copying that idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great variety of projects, I hope you will achieve some wonderful finishes. I love the last project especially! Thank you for participating in the finish-a-long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb word for the year. You have nice projects to work on.

    ReplyDelete