Monday, June 25, 2012

Another BOM Rehab Block

I was able to complete my Aurifil Designer block for April.  I have not been near my sewing machine in a couple of weeks.  I spent one of those weeks at the hospital with my husband who had very unexpected heart bypass surgery.  It has been a rough week for our family, but the love and support has been amazing.  I am thankful for the word of God and prayer and how it can bring peace to your heart in times of trial.  The verse that seems to be going through my head whenever I experience trials is Isaiah 26:3 but I have now added verse 4 to my memory. 

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:  because he trusteth in thee. 
Trust thee in the LORD for ever:  for the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

I will share a little more about this event in our lives a little later.  Patrick is doing well and I have set up my sewing machine in the dining room to be close by.



Linking with BOM Rehab at Pink Pincushion.

5 comments:

  1. Sherry, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Wishing him well and a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your husband had to have surgery.... but thankful that he is doing better!! God is Good!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry,

    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Your family will be in our prayers during this difficult time. Glad to see you were able to complete another block - very pretty with those bluebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sherry, I'm glad to hear that your husband is okay and wish him a speedy recovery. My dad's side of the family all had heart disease. He had bypass surgery when he was 45 years old. All of his brothers and sisters had the surgery, too, except one. I'm hoping that I don't go that same route, but one can never be sure. Sending hugs and blessings your way. Your block is lovely as always. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you're going through this tough time. Makes you want to stitch up some verses doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete