Thursday, March 6, 2014

Weekend Gardening and Sewing

We had some time without rain or hail or snow last Saturday morning so Pat and I went outside to bravely face the clean up out back that should have been done last fall.  I snapped a couple of pictures of my hellebore, it looks a little rough around the edges but is still beautiful, if we hadn't worked outside I might have missed it.  That reminds me that hard work has its blessings.



We spent most of the time gathering maple leaves and weeds and several branches that had fallen during the winter storms.  We filled the back of our pickup with things from the small fenced in space outside our back door.  The transformation is wonderful.  I spent a little time washing dog paw prints off the back doors too, they look so nice, for the moment anyway.


After working outside for a couple of hours, I did get a little sewing time in.
I completed my February block for the 2014 Sugar Block Club.

Sugar Block Club - February

Below is block thirteen for my Building Foundations Sampler.  Block twelve is somewhere in my sewing room and I will be on a mission to find it and get it done today.  I have also been sewing a couple of "ruffles" projects but I can't share them until the 11th, which is my day for the Think Ruffles Blog Hop, the complete list of participants in my post here.  Be sure to stop by and see all of the fun projects.

Building Foundations Block 13

I am off work today and will be working Saturday so I plan to do some sewing and to help my daughter in law sew a little blanket for baby Parker.  I'll share our progress later.  I hope we all get a chance to do something to make someone else smile today.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a lovely day. Beautiful flower. Hope you are having a good week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete