Thursday, April 10, 2014

So Many Works in Progress

Sometimes when I haven't had much sewing time I wonder if I have accomplished anything on my long list of projects. After looking around I found that I have not had many finishes lately by have made a little progress.  The block below is the April Sugar Block Club Block which I completed when I had a short time to sew last weekend.


I didn't get the greatest picture but the blocks below are the  2014 Sugar Block Club blocks so far.


I worked on three different projects at the March Sit and Sew hosted by Melanie at Fabric Chicks in Coupeville.

This is going to be a fun cheerful quilt.  I was not able to complete it because I left some of the fabric at home when I packed for the sit and sew, I hope to share it soon.

I finished the little blocks for my Schnibbles Canasta quilt that was started a while ago, 25 blocks in all, now to get it pieced together.



I also completed a couple of blocks from the Fat Quarter Shops' Designer Mystery Block of the Month 2013.  I am almost caught up, hurray!

It was a cloudy day but this is the view as I walk down to Melanie's shop in Coupeville. She opened her shop for us at least once each day while we were at the Sit and Sew.

This is the view looking out from the door of the shop.

While at the sit and sew we all went out the door to see the rainbow.

Melanie's project was sewing 2 1/2 inch squares together for her picnic quilt.   She chain pieced and the chain got pretty long.

And longer.

Mel had to step outside to stretch it out its full length.

I did have a finish this month that I almost forgot about.  I put the binding on my "Secret Garden Stars" quilt.

It's new home is on our bed and has been washed twice because of little incidents involving our cat.  I will just keep it folded in our room to add a touch of spring.  I think I am going to spend a little time this morning adding some spring touches to the rest of the house. 

4 comments:

  1. That last quilt is very pretty. I like the colors. You've made so many quilt blocks. The houses are cute. We've had cloudy days here the past couple of days. Have a terrific Thursday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspirational you are. I love all the blocks, such pretty colors. I have started my first mystery quilt. Not sure it is something I should have tackled I have no clue where this is going to take me.
    Nonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done far more than me lately! I'm so behind on sewing, on blog reading, on just about everything! And now we're packing for a lengthy mission trip so everything else has gone on hold. But I'm taking several projects with me so I'm hoping that in the evening I'll have time to at least finish some UFOs! Blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colours of your quilt Sherry, and the stitching is beautiful! Oops, about the kitty!
    Wishing you and yours a beautiful Easter! God bless,

    ReplyDelete