Friday, September 30, 2016

A Little Stitching and A Sweet Friend

It has been such a long time since my last blog post.  This has been a very different few months.  Not much sewing or creativity going on here at my house.  I hope that will change soon.  I have done a couple of small embroidery projects and attended a couple of "Sit and Sews".  I do have two quilts the were quilted by my quilter Kathy that I will bind and share soon. I will show you two of my "One Stitch at a Time" designs by Kathy Schmitz.  I have completed the stitching on my July and August designs but now I must make something with them.

           My August project below was fun, I used my crayon box to make this one a little different, it has been a while since I tried adding coloring to my embroidery projects.


September's design was called "Sweet Surroundings"  I made this one with a friend in mind but have not had time to complete the project yet.


My husband and I spent a little more time than usual at the ocean this summer.  We have always taken our dog Emmy with us.  It was always Emmy's favorite place to be.  She would perk up and be full of energy.  She was failing fast this summer so we took her with us whenever we could.  We were sad to have to say goodbye to Emmy late in August and will always remember her love of the beach.


I am not sure that I want to get another dog, we are so busy and I don't know what is best right now but we are thankful for the time we had with Emmy, she was 13 years old.


Here she is waiting for me to get moving or throw the ball to her.  She had begun loosing weight when this picture was taken but still enjoyed running or walking on the beach.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

5 comments:

  1. I love the color you added to the embroidery.

    It's always hard to say goodbye to our dear pets. Like you, we decided that the time is not right now to replace our old pooch. We will see later when life is a bit more quiet for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy looks like she was such a love. Very hard to let our fur friends go. She certainly was a constant companion for many years. May her little furry soul rest in peace. Your embroidery work is always lovely. Have a good weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to have to say good bye to our furry friends. I lost my Lulu a few months ago and oh how I miss her.
    Your embroidery work is so pretty, hope you get your creative mo jo back.
    Nonie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read of your loss. Lovely embroidery and it is fun to do a bit of coloring on the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful girl you had! It is too true that we do not have them long enough in our lives! As you say 13 is a good age for these little blessings in our lives. Ours was the same when we had to put her down and 7 months later we got another. Take time to grieve... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete