Saturday, March 4, 2017

So Many Fun Block of the Month Projects

Last year I really tried to focus on finishes so I did not join in of any of the fun block of the month projects I saw others doing.  This year is different.  I still want to finish  up some projects this year but could not resist a few Block of the Month and Sew Along projects.

The first one is The Quilting Life Block of the month.  Sherri at A Quilting life is sponsoring this one.  I have always enjoyed following her blog.

January block

February block

January and February blocks

I will be using my scraps from my Let the Sunshine quilt for this block of the month.

The next block of the month I am joining with is Pat Sloan's Free Mystery Club 2017.  It is called "The Children's Library".  This was hard to resist as I have worked with children in the library for over 25 years.  Books in general are a big part of my life and I love children's books.

January - Mother Goose Rhymes

February - Curious George

January and February

This quilt will be made using what is left of my Daysail fat quarters with the gray for sashing and borders.  The March block, Curious George, is cut and ready to stitch together.  I think I will get to that right after finishing this post.

Next up is the Have a Jolly Little Christmas stitch along at Sewfreshquilts.

The first four blocks complete.  I am using my Little Ruby fabric with a few other fabrics added in for this project.

I have a couple of more projects I am working on but will save that for another post.  We are busy sorting through our home and downsizing a bit so I must get to that a little each day.

My first load of bags to be donated.  Much of this came from my sewing room.  This will be the first room we move to our new space.  We are staying in the same house but rearranging the space a little.  More on that later.  Have a wonderful weekend and don't miss the blessings.

Sherry

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are wonderful. I LOVE the Jolly Christmas ones. The fabrics are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete