Wednesday, October 21, 2015

So Many Blessings

Time for the "simple things" at home is always a blessing.  I had a few days this month to spend some time just being at home.  Baking, sewing and painting are some of the things I was able to do.  I am thankful for my job and all of the activities I am able to participate in but you can't beat a day at home doing the simple things.

Like baking cookies.


Sherry's Oatmeal Cookies
                            1 cup butter                                                    
                            1 cup shortening                                             
                            2 cups brown sugar                                         
                            2 cups white sugar                                          
                            4 eggs
                            2 teaspoons vanilla
                            4 cups flour
                            2 teaspoons baking soda
                            2 teaspoons salt
                            6 cups oatmeal

Blend butter, shortening and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Blend in flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir in oatmeal.  I use my Kitchen-aid to blend everything together.  This is a large batch and hard to mix with a wooden spoon.  That is how I made them for the first 15 years.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 Minutes.                         

                                                              And sewing quilts.

Flying geese for my Midnight Mystery Quilt

And more baking.

 Zucchini bread

Some with raisins and some with chocolate chips.

Squash from a friends garden.

And more sewing of quilts.

 Midnight Mystery Quilt

Freshening up our home.

Fresh paint on the front door.

Isn't it nice to enjoy the simple things, I am so thankful for my simple home and time spent there with family and friends and a little time alone is nice too.

3 comments:

  1. Yes....it is the simple things that bring us comfort and joy. I love the door color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum with all those cookies...zucchini bread...would you share your recipe? Love the front door...and all the quilt pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry, your cookies and zucchini bread look delicious! You have a lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete