Friday, June 24, 2016

One Stitch at a Time for June

Kathy Schmitz is a needle work designer.  She has a subscription you can sign up for called One Stitch at a Time.  For two dollars a month you will receive an embroidery design in your email.  This is the first one, the June design called Home Sweet Nest.  Visit Kathy's blog here if you are interested in signing up to receive the embroidery designs.

I made this in to a pillow for a special friend.  I did the embroidery and then went through my fabric stash to choose the fabrics for the pillow.

The fabrics are from the Farmhouse collection by Fig Tree Quilts.  I have always liked Fig Tree fabric lines and I bought a stack of fat quarters in the Farmhouse line.  I am using these fabrics in my Row by Row quilt.  It is fun to work on a project that can be completed in just a few days.  Now it is time to get back to the binding on my tumblers quilt.  It is a gift for a sweet little girl and I should get it in the mail soon.

Sherry

I will be linking to Stitch-In Days where you can see the embroidery  or other needlework stitching lovers are doing.

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty and the colors are beautiful. It will make a fabulous gift.

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a treasure for your friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking, Sherry! Wow, I really do like that embroidery, so thanks for the link back to the designer, too. Your pillow is wonderful. Seeing the fabrics you used in it make me curious to see your row by row, too! I know there are lots of wonderful shops in Washington.

    ReplyDelete