Friday, March 19, 2010

Project, Projects, Projects

I found this free pattern on the Lion Brand Yarn website, I changed the colors but used the Vanna's Choice yarn that they reccommended

Friday morning and I have not done much.  I have been home with a cold, that is getting a little better and have spent some time watching HGTV and crocheting.  I took a picture of my latest crochet project.  This is my take-a-long  project right now.  At any given time I will have a sewing project or two, a cross-stitch, quilting, embroidery and decorating project all in different stages of completion .  There may be multiples of each of these things going on.  My thought is, if I post pictures of these on my blog I will be motivated to complete them sooner and not be too distracted by all of the other projects I see when I am traveling through blog land.  Time will tell if this works for me.  So here is a picture of my cross-stitch project that I have been working on for some time.  This will be quite an accomplishment when it is completed.


I want to get this done because there are many other cross-stitch patterns waiting in my sewing room for me to get started on.  I also have a goal of  learning to take much better pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a nice comment, it is nice to meet you!
    Your projects are wonderful, love the throw!
    Blessings to you today!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to post projects! I should do that too :)

    I totally know what you mean when you say you get lost in Blog land - :)

    There are so many talented women who have fun creative blogs. I have to be careful to not sit for hours and hours and veg out reading it all.

    One thing I've learned for taking pictures is that lighting is key! I usually take photos on my kitchen table near a huge window (with a lot of light). It helps if your back is to the window and the light is shining on the object. I also find that overcast days work best because it difuses the direct sunlight.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete