Friday, May 28, 2010

Everyday Blessings

A Bible verse that I memorized many years ago comes back to me when I look at my gardens. Each year the come back beautifully.  Even though we see much more rain than we would like here where we live and we I tend to complain. We each have to open our eyes and see the beauty around us.

Psalm 19: 1,2
The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Day unto day uttereth speech and night unto night
sheweth knowledge.
I made a calligraphy project using this verse while taking a college class.  Having to write it over and over to get it right helped set it in my memory.  The verses is talking about the heavens but I think further to the whole creation and what we can see around us. 

I have taken pictures of our side yard that I park next to each afternoon, it is amazing to me to see how things change almost daily and the best is yet to come in this garden.

The garden is just waking up.
Picture taken April 6th


I hadn't done any weeding or cut back things from last year


Next pictures taken April 22nd


Our cat Lily was anxious to be a part of my picture


This is the way it looked on April 22nd
There is a small White Birch tree in this bed and a White flowering Akebia vine on the fence
We plan to train the vine over an arbor above the gate.  Maybe that will happen next year.


Here is a closer picture of the Akebia
This picture was taken in April, you can barely see the delicate white flowers


Saxifraga - Rock Soapwort


The lime colored shrub below is called
Caryopteris Sunshine Blue
We have 3 peonies in this bed loaded with flower buds
This picture taken May 25th


Back behind the shrub and peony is a Climbing Hydrangea, the slugs and snails love to munch on it.
 I am hoping it will be tall enough to see by this time next year.


It was raining when the last two pictures were taken


I also took pictures of the flower bed on the right of  our driveway.
In April and again in May

Pictures taken April 6th
Dogwood and several perennials

My red van is in this picture and has since gone on to where old tired vehicles go, never to return.
  I miss it.  I drove it for 12 years.

Viburnum in center back and Rhododendron on right


Now pictures taken on May 25th
The changes never cease to amaze me


This is a picture I took while walking back from our mailbox
The boxwood on the right is one year ahead of the boxwood hedge on the left.
 Many of the plants in the front beds are young. 
 It will be fun to watch the transformation here too.


There is another part of that Psalm that I included in my calligraphy project that I would like to share.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be  acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

I am thankful for my home and for God's beautiful creation
I enjoy each day.

4 comments:

  1. Th flowers are great, but I love your cat Lily looks like she comes from regal blood!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your garden and especially enjoyed 'watching' the transformation through your pictures! I agree, it is one of my favorite things seeing day to day how fast the garden can change.
    love katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely flowers and plants in your garden! I just love gardens.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed my visit here...your gardens are beautiful....

    ReplyDelete