Thursday, December 22, 2011

O Christmas Tree

We did get our tree decorated with the help of two of our grandsons.  I had intended to put white ribbon on it this year and not use my red cranberry beads.  I thought that the white ribbon would make the tree look better with my new curtains.  I guess that sounds a little silly.  Oh well, maybe by next year the walls will be repainted and the whole room will look "finished".

The best part about decorating, besides the help from our grandsons, was taking out ornaments and remembering.  Remembering who made it or gave it to us or when we bought it, a little trip back in time. 





The beautiful hand painted ornaments below were made by my mother in law Virginia.










O Come, Let Us Adore Him

Now to get the gifts wrapped and under the tree.

Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy holidays Sherry! Those handpainted ornaments are gorgeous! Hope you are having a wonderful week. Wishes for the merriest of Christmases. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful Sherry!! You inspire me in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornaments by Virginia are beautiful. How fun to have an artist in the family.

    ReplyDelete