Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Up The Garden Path Stitch A Long

I have been thinking hard about which Stitch A Long and Block of the Month projects I am going to commit to.  There are so many fun and free projects and tutorials shared by talented bloggers.  As part of my resolve  to balance things in my life I have decided to put a limit on how much joining in I will do.  I haven't chosen a word for the year but do want to balance my sewing, gardening and decor projects while always looking to seek His will daily.

This is one project that provides the embroidery and sewing that I love.

Fee's Garden Path Stitch A Long at her blog Mum's Cupboard is one I am ready to participate in.

The nine blocks below are ready for the stitching patterns that will be shared each month.


 January's block is traced and ready to stitch.  The fabrics I used are charm squares from the large stack of squares I purchased at a thrift shop in Wisconsin.  I shared this find in this post here.


I may still have too many projects and too little time but we'll have to see how it goes.  
Happy stitching or sewing or reading or cleaning, or ----- you fill in the blank.

4 comments:

  1. Balance is truly a challenge. Your blocks with embroidery are wonderful. Happy New Year and Creative Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sherry ... Welcome to the big beautiful Grow Your Blog Hop! I volunteered to help Vicki as a GYB party volunteer. Vicki will stop by sometime I am sure, but with over 500 blogs participating it will take her time to visit everyone so she asked for volunteers to help today. I offered to help. I am so happy I did because I have found your blog. The stitch along looks like great quilty fun. Now that I have found you I will be back. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat @ Life in the Scrapatch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry,

    I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. I believe we have met before. You are very talented! I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these blocks with embroidered panels in the centre. So very pretty and hope to make one myself for baby grandaughter so will ahve to pop back reguarly to gather in advice and ideas lol

    ReplyDelete