Friday, February 1, 2019

A January Finish - Sort of

2019 is  my second year of focusing on finishes.  Not that I stuck to "no starts, only finishes" last year.  I did add several to my list to finish this year and we all know that it is just too hard to not start some new projects or join just a few sew along groups.  Anyway, I am here to share my "almost finished quilt top".  It is the one I chose from my very long UFO list to "complete" this month.  To me this is a finish because now it is ready to send out to be quilted.  The back is prepared and all is ready to go.  The unique thing about this one is it is a block of the month from 2018 and it is only January and it is pieced together.  I believe that is a record for me.  I still have many BOM projects waiting to be completed from several years back.  This is my quilt from Sherri's Block of the Month at A Quilting Life.

The size of the blocks help to showcase the fabrics used.   

My pictures have been taken inside because I have been leaving for work in the dark and returning after dark.  I am so looking forward to that changing.

I will be linking with The Crafty Quilter to share my finish.  Setting a goal for the month is always a great help to me, it feels great to check projects off the list and put them to use.  It is time to pick out my goal for February.  Looking forward to a little more daylight each day.

Sherry 

3 comments:

  1. I'd say you did a great job of completing and sewing all the blocks together. It's very pretty. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy quilt! I love sampler quilts. They are my favorite. =) Won't it be nice when the days are longer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on getting it all together so quickly. It looks terrific too.

    ReplyDelete