Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Woodland Wonderland Quilt Top

This has been a month of cold and snow in the Pacific Northwest.  I do enjoy a bit of snow but my work involves driving vehicles all over two counties providing library service to those who cannot get to the library.  The unusual amount of snow in our area resulted in a couple of closure days and short open hours for our libraries, many closed days for our local schools.  The snow added to the beauty around us, I took a couple of pictures while driving around Lake Stevens.




With a couple of snow days that kept us all home from work and school, I was able to complete the blocks for my quilt.  It is now ready to send out to have it quilted.  It is a fun quilt and I am tempted to make it a permanent home here.  To me this a finish in that I am able to move it on to the next step and soon it will be ready to be used.

I will link up with Elm Street Quilts for the February One Monthly Goal and The Crafty Quilter for the February WIP Challenge. Thank you for the inspiration to keep checking things off on my "finish" list.  

Sherry


6 comments:

  1. Pretty snow pictures especially live ones around water. Your quilt is lovely. Drive csrefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! I would be tempted to keep it too. :)
    I am so intrigued by your mobile library service. My Granny and my Mom would have loved that. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, what a fun quilt! I really love owls and hedgehogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, your Woodland quilt is absolutely beautiful. I want one just like it! Thank you for entering the UFO & WIP challenge link up for February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful finish! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is stunning and you should give it a permanent home! I really like the black background.

    ReplyDelete