Monday, October 28, 2019

I Have A Finish Or Two

The time goes by so quickly sometimes.  This is Monday, the last Monday in October.  We will have a new grandson join our family today.  He will share a birthday with his other grandma and a great uncle.  We are looking forward to meeting him.  I was looking at my blog this morning and see that there is work to do to update things.  One of the changes I will need to make is to update the number of grandchildren we have.  

I have done quite a bit of work in my sewing room.  I am trying to complete as many projects as I possibly can.  Hunting down backings for quilts and having some quilted and attempting to quilt a few on my own.  The small projects are what I have focused on to improve my machine quilting skills.  

I do have a  finish to share today, one that was originally my goal for September.  I made two little quilts for my nieces, they were fun to make and showcase the fun fabric.

 Both of the quilts were made using "Lil' Red" fabric by Moda. 


 I used backing and binding fabric I had here in my stash.


I quilted them simply using my walking foot.  


They have been mailed to my two little nieces.
This was another recent finish that was also a gift for my niece.


I plan to set a goal for November to check off a few more projects on my long list.  I also plan to get a bit of work done outside while we are experiencing such perfect fall weather.  There are leaves everywhere waiting for attention.
Happy Fall!

4 comments:

  1. Just adorable and perfect for your two little nieces! Lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt and I really like the way you quilted it. Sometimes simple looks best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing such a great job in your quilting! Isn't it fun?! I am getting a grandson in January! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nieces are lucky little girls - such pretty quilts. Congratulations on your new arrival, gosh, such a lot of grandchildren! Enjoy. xx

    ReplyDelete