Monday, December 27, 2021

Experience God's Peace in 2022

It is almost the end of another year; this will be my first blog post for 2021.  I think I had plans to do much more but that did not happen.  It has been a difficult year for many and most of us have navigated through many things we have never before experienced.  I have been thinking that writing more in this blog will help me to remember (I seem to need help with that) and share the blessings in 2022.  

Last May I fell on my left shoulder and broke my humerus bone.  It was a break that required surgery and I now have a metal bar and a few screws to help hold it together.  That was my first bone broken, unless I count the broken nose I experienced as a teenager.  This experience has had much more of an impact.  I spent 6 months going to rehab appointments and because I am left-handed my sewing and needlework came to a standstill.   My husband who had just completed rehab for a torn rotator cuff did everything around the house for quite a long time.  We are somewhat back to normal now. I am sewing again and now that the Christmas gifts are given and out of my room, I enjoy this space.  Pat has been on a new treatment for Multiple Myeloma for several months and is responding as expected.  We are blessed. 

I memorized a bible verse back before our first child was born and it has been my life verse for many years, not always in the forefront of my mind.    Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:  because he trusteth in thee.  Verse 4 continues to say "Trust ye in the Lord forever:  for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:   Perfect peace can only come from God and since my mind is not always stayed on Him, I am not experiencing that peace as often as I could. 

I have two last quilts to complete in 2021 I will share in this post.  They are quilted and ready for binding. 

This was a block of the month called "Three's Company" by Patchwork Posse 

This quilt is my version of the 2013 Designer Mystery Block of the Month by Fat Quarter Shop.
I will take full pictures when the binding is complete.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear from you Sherry. Love and peace to you for 2022. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it has been quite the year for you. I’m glad that you are on the recovery path…both of you!!! The quilting is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete