Monday, August 23, 2010

Lace and Buttons and a Pillow

Sometimes I just feel the need to start a project that I can complete in a short time.  I may have a list of things I am working on but this one thing can be completed in a short time.  Well that is what happened this afternoon, and this is what I made.

Pillow - $2.50 at TJMax,
it had some buttons at one time, only one left

Lace and linens I have gathered over the years

Lace from a box of goodies I received from Rebecca Ersfeld's giveaway a few months ago.

I arranged everything on the pillow, pinned it on and hand sewed it together.
Projects like this are "therapy" for me.

I added a few buttons from my button stash

Here it is in the corner in our dining room.
It is nice to do a small project between the big sewing and painting projects on my list.

If you are feeling overwhelmed by big projects or you just want to do something creative and see the finished
project, pick something simple that will brighten your home and your day.

Linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do,
Make it 4 Monday at Cottage Instincts
and Making the World Cuter  Monday at I Made the World Cuter

6 comments:

  1. So cute Sherry! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry,
    You turned that plain pillow into a work of art!
    So lovely.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow really dresses up that chair. Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pillow, i'm with you, I want to be creative, but not all day!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute and clever idea...looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pillow. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete