Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Favorite Word - Peace

When I think of the word "Peace"
 I am not talking about "World Peace",
 I am talking about the peace in our hearts that only
Christ can give.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusteth in Thee."
Isaiah 26:3


Does the beauty of God's Creation  help you to refocus on God and find peace?


Does a time away for Rest give you peace?


Does the wonderful Blessing of Family give you peace?



All of these Blessings do help me refocus on Christ and what He had done for me.


What really makes the difference is His Word
"Hiding" it in my heart.

Be careful for nothing: but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through
Christ Jesus
Philippians 4:6,7

This is how I find peace. 

I am linking to "My FAVORITE word" at I Owe It All To Him
I have a button on my sidebar

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry,
    What a beautiful word and oh my goodness, what beautiful pictures to take us on a spiritual journey...this is unbelievable...and so truly inspired...I thank you so much for this gift that you have given us on this beautiful Sunday....Wishing you peace, love, and joy!
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xoxo
    P.S. I saw Rebecca's button on your sidebar--I love her too! She's such a dear person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi--this is a wonderful word. The verse you have quoted is one that hangs in my hall. It is one of my favorites and all of the things you have mentioned are so true.

    my link to this favorite word is on my experiment blog, you can also find it at Cindy's linky under nannykim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true! The Lord gave me peace at the most dificult time in my life. I am in constant awe of him and always share the story of the peace that he has given me when someone questions my faith.

    Thank you Jesus for the peace you have given me today and everyday.

    And thank you for writing about your favorite word and reminding me how blessed I am.

    Take Care~ Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is nice that in the midst of craziness all around us that we have Peace in Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog update!
    Thank you for posting this today. I wish I had read it earlier, but really, my life is so full of peace. Sometimes, I am so at peace, I get frustrated with everyone else not at peace. This causes me to lose focus! The only peace I want is God's peace. Your blog posts help me stay focussed. Thank you. Proverbs 17:1 Better a dry crust with PEACE and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry....Oh boy...did I need to read your blog today my friend. Spoke directly to my hurting heart.

    Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such kind words. God has used my latest experience to teach me about running far ahead of Him...

    Blessings to you as you minister to all of us.

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMEN...Such an true word and beautiful reflecting pictures!
    An good start of my "early morning"

    have an great week
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete