Sunday, August 15, 2010

Name Plaques for Sweet Little Girls

My project this week was one that I had intended to make almost three years ago.  I finally got to it  this week.
 
I wrote out the names of two sweet little girls, who are just turning three, and embroidered them with three strands of DMC floss using a backstitch.  I combined one strand of three different colors for the embroidery.  This is a great take-along project you can pick up when you get a minute.  I added a couple of "flowers" to the embroidery and was ready to add the fabric border.

The fabric used in this case was used by Mary, a family member, to make the girls quilts when they were just babies.  I had planned to make these for them back then so I had asked for scraps from the quilt and Mary brought them to me, about 3 years ago.

Embroidery finished  and fabric squares ready to sew on

I used iron on fleece for backing on the embroidery
It gives it a "quilted" look and helps to keep embroidery thread in back from showing through

Here is the project ready for framing

Frames purchased at a garage sale and beautifully painted by my husband.

Here are the sweet three year old girls holding their pictures.

 
I am linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do
Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter

8 comments:

  1. These are adorable and you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your projects get done! Mine take forever and then I always get discouraged! I think my craft room needs a re-vamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two cuties, the girls and the projects.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just wonderful!
    And those darling three year old girls are soooo cute!

    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by OMG that is the cutest thing! I would wait 3 years for one that said Carol!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute girls and nice keepsakes for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these turned out so adorable! I just love them! And what cuties they belong to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like what you have made to the extra fabrics it looks so nice and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete