Monday, April 2, 2018

One Monthly Goal - Maybe Two

When deciding what to choose for my Monthly Goal for April, all I had to do was take a look at what was laying across my  ironing board.  I am sewing in a small space in our kitchen/dining room so when I try to take a picture there is stuff in the background.  This is a blanket I am making for my newest grandchild.  The quilt pattern is called Ducks in a Row by Lorna McMahon of Sew Fresh Quilts.  I had a great time piecing it together and now have it spray basted and ready to quilt.  I plan to use my walking foot and quilt wavy lines on this quilt.  With my limited experience in this type of work I know that this will be an adventure.


I plan to bind the quilt in some yellow fabric I have.  Goal for this project, quilt and bind this quilt and give it to Judah.

I have given myself a second goal.  This quilt below is one of my favorite and probably the largest I have made so far.  I  finished piecing it over a year ago and received it from my quilter well over a month ago.  Now I must get the binding on.  This is going to be used on our bed at home to brighten up our room.  I will be doing a lot of had stitching to finish up this binding.




Well, it is time to get at it and get these projects moved over to my Finished list. 

Sherry

I will link this post with One Monthly Goal April at Elm Street Quilts.



3 comments:

  1. It looks like you are going to have some fun finishing up those projects. I really like your quilt for your bed. Love the ducks too. Lorna's designs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be able to quilt that baby quilt just fine. =) It's very easy. I have found that the more lines there are and the closer they are together, the better it looks, so if the first wavy lines look less than thrilling to you, be parient. As you add more and more the beauty of the wavy quilted lines really begins to shine. It will be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete