Saturday, February 5, 2011

Shadow Redwork Pillow

I was looking around in my sewing room for a particular piece of fabric and came across an unfinished project.  I think I completed the embroidery about two years ago, at least. 
 My project came from this book  
Shadow Redwork by Alex Anderson.

This book is full of fun projects.

I love redwork embroidery but this has something extra.


The picture below shows what is meant by shadow.

The "shadow" work is white says "True Love is the Joy of Life"

This is the back of the pillow I made with my embroidery.
I now have something to add to my limited Valentine decorations, actually this pillow will stick around long after Valentines Day.

If you look close you can see the shadow work.
I am off to spend a little time in my sewing room, who knows what I might find next.

Linking to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
and
Air Your Laundry Friday at freckled laundry

6 comments:

  1. Your pillow is fabulous. I had not heard of shadow work and find it very beautiful and interesting. What a wonderful "find". Happy February Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pillow -I had never heard of shadow work before either.

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry,

    So nice to meet you! Sweet place you have here ~ I have perused many of your posts and enjoyed reading each one. I am so happy you visited my blog and left your comment.

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great I love the redwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful. This is also the first time I've heard of shadow work, any chance you could explain a little more about it as it's certainly very effective?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Sherry. I don't see much embroidery on the blogs! LOVE it. Thanks for sharing with air your Laundry Friday! The party is back on tonight.

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete